Next final exam sessions
Winter: 20.3.2020 (and 19.3.2020 if needed)
Summer: 24.7.2020 (and 23.7.2020 if needed)
Autumn: 25.9.2020 (and 24.9.2020 if needed)
Winter: 19.3.2021 (and 18.3.2021 if needed)
At least 14 weeks before the final exam:
- Thesis Internship: hand in the required forms 2 weeks prior to the start of the internship at the Career Service; the Thesis Internship comprises at least 5 to 6 weeks of work, so it must be started well before the graduation date.
- Thesis Project: get in contact with the academic person and start the project. The Thesis Project comprises at least 5 to 6 weeks of work, so it must be started well before the graduation date.
At least 3 months before the final exam (e.g. defence on 20 May -> deadline 20 February):
- insert the title of the thesis in the Cockpit: My Area - Student's Zone - Thesis title request
- make sure that the supervisor approves the title in the Cockpit
You will receive the AlmaLaurea e-mail and may ask the special access to the library.
At least 1 month before the final exam (e.g. defence on 20 May -> deadline 20 April):
- request for final exam in the Cockpit with last chance to change the thesis title
- pay for the final exam and the diploma
At least 15 days before the final exam (e.g. defence on 20 May -> deadline 5 May):
- upload a digital copy of the thesis in the Cockpit
- upload the report of Turn-it-in (Antiplagiarism Check) in the Cockpit
- hand in one bound copy of the thesis report at the Faculty Secretariat
- hand in the summary (abstract) in English, German and Italian on separate sheets at the Faculty Secretariat
At least 10 days before the final exam (e.g. defence on 20 May - > deadline 10 May) :
- upload the final report for thesis internship in the Career Hub
- the necessary credit points must be achieved
- the language exit requirements must be achieved (last chance to upload language certificates)
At least 7 days before the final exam
- make sure that the thesis supervisor approves your admission to the final exam
At least 4 days before the final exam (e.g. defence on 20 May -> deadline 16 May):
- send the presentation slides for the thesis defence to the Faculty Secretariat at the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (please use only standard formats such as PPT or PDF).
Before the final examination, you are obliged to return all items borrowed from the university library and to pay all outstanding fees. Unless you have complied with these conditions, the diploma cannot be issued.