Skip to content

Study Guide

Issue of Certificates


In Italy certificates are always substituted by self-declarations when submitted to public administrations or to private managers of public services (Art. 15, law nr. 183, 12.11.2011). Italian public administrations cannot request nor accept certificates issued by other Italian public offices.

Citizens can use self-declarations instead of certificates, if destined for public administrations.

At unibz

unibz can issue certificates only in special cases. Students can use self-declarations as a substitute for certificates at all public administration offices in Italy. Self-declarations can also be used between private parties.

False declarations are considered a criminal offence!

Please use the pre-filled self-declarations: you just have to print them out, check the data and sign them!

Special cases

Certificates can be requested for use abroad only.

As established in the D.P.R. no. 642/1972 and following modifications, certificates and their application forms, require each a duty stamp of current value (16 Euro) to be paid virtually.

In the exemption cases contemplated by the law, you do not need to pay the stamp duty neither for the application form nor for the issued certificate. You must indicate the purpose of the certificate on the request form.

How to request a certificate

If you need a certificate (enrolment/exam certificate, final degree certificate with or without passed exams) for one of the reasons mentioned above, please:

  1. fill in this form. In the cases where a duty stamp is not requested, you must tick the purpose and the relevant law reference in the form;
  2. send the form via e-mail to the Student Secretariat;
  3. pay the amount via pagoPA with the payment slip sent by the Student Secretariat

Certificates will be issued in digital form and sent via e-mail.