Skip to content

Study Guide

Studying with Children


Balancing your life as a student with your life as a parent requires advanced organizational skills. As far as possible, unibz would like to help make everyday university life easier for parents.

Childcare Services at unibz


Bozen-Bolzano: BZ C1.02, 1st floor
Brixen-Bressanone: BX 2.40, 2nd floor

Read or play in the cell of our hive-library or create a new adventure in a magic cube. The Kidspace is a child-friendly play area, accessible to all children of students, administrative staff and teachers.

The Kidspace on the Bozen-Bolzano campus is accessible only with an activated Campus Card (submit a ticket to Facility Management), whereas in Brixen-Bressanone it is freely accessible. Both spaces are available during the opening hours of the respective campuses. Children must be supervised by an adult.

Breastfeeding and Baby-changing Facilities

On the campus of Bozen-Bolzano a few of the restrooms for people with disabilities are equipped with changing tables.

On the campus of Brixen-Bressanone you can find dedicated rest area (on floor -1) where you can breastfeed or change your baby. To access this area, you need to ask the caretakers.


The canteens in Bozen-Bolzano and Brixen-Bressanone have high chairs so that children can have lunch with their parents.

Babysitting Service at unibz

During certain periods of the year, unibz offers a babysitting service both in Bozen-Bolzano and in Brixen-Bressanone: children can spend a few hours a day with other children, playing or engaging in other fun activities under the watchful eye of a trained adult.

Learn more

Further Facilities for Student Parents

Interruption and Resumption of Studies for Childbirth

If you are enrolled in a Bachelor or Master degree, the fees regulation provides that you can apply for interruption of studies for one or more semesters in the year of your child’s birth.

To the Tuition Fees Regulation


Rooms for Student Parents in Halls of Residence

If you wish to stay with your child in a student hall of residence, you can apply at the Office for the Right to Study of the Autonomous Province of Bozen-Bolzano. The student dorm Peter Rigler in Bozen-Bolzano has a few rooms which can host a mother or father with a child.

Find out more


Scholarships for Students with Children

The income-based scholarships granted by the Province can be increased if the applicant is a student-parent.

More info