Skip to content

Study Guide

Self-declarations and certificates


In Italy certificates are always substituted by self-declarations when submitted to public administrations or to private managers of public services (Art. 15, law nr. 183, 12.11.2011). Italian public administrations cannot request nor accept certificates issued by other Italian public offices.

Citizens can use self-declarations instead of certificates, if destined for public administrations.

unibz can issue enrolment, exam or final certificates only in special cases.

In Italy

Only self-declarations can be submitted: this applies both to public administrations and private companies, which must accept them.

False declarations are considered a criminal offence!

Please use the pre-filled self-declarations: you just have to print them out, check the data and sign them!


It is possible to produce either self-declarations or certificates issued in Italy.

As established in the D.P.R. no. 642/1972 and following modifications, certificates require a duty stamp of current value (16 Euro) to be paid virtually. In the exemption cases contemplated by the law, the duty stamp is not required.

How to obtain an enrolment or exam certificate

  1. Log in to mySNS
  2. Navigate to "Self-declarations and certificates"
  3. Click on "Certificates"

Certificates will be issued in digital form.

How to request a final certificate (with or without passed exams)

It can be requested by e-mail from the Student Secretariat.