Covid 19 - Internships
Internships are generally continued or started in teleworking. If the activities of the internship are not or only partially compatible with teleworking, the internship can be carried out on site, provided that a) local, national and foreign legal regulations allow it and b) strict safety precautions are observed.
If you want to start an internship please contact the Career Service (email@example.com).
Activate an Internship Step by Step
- Find a company or institution in which you want to accomplish your internship. More opportunities here.
- Bachelor students must have achieved a minimum of 30 credit points before starting their mandatory internship (see art. 2 of the General Internship Regulation).
- Discuss all internship details with your referee in the company/institution. In particular, clarify all duties, procedures, instruments, the working period, the location and the working hours.
- Find an academic tutor within your faculty (see art. 4 of the General Internship Regulation). The Faculty of Economics always requires students to write and upload a motivation letter in Career Hub (please see the Faculty's Guidelines).
- Please register in the Career Hub (if you have not done so already).
- The company/institution will have to register in the Career Hub or login (if already done) and proceed with creating a new internship project. To do so, the company/institution needs: your tax number, matriculation number and the name of your academic tutor.
After approval of the internship project by the academic tutor and the Career Service, the internship project can be downloaded from the Career Hub and then signed by you and the company tutor.
To activate the internship, a copy (scan) of the signed internship project must be uploaded via company profile in the Career Hub, together with the copies of the ID card of both signatories (student and company tutor). The upload has to be done at least one week before the internship starts.
The original version of the internship project must be kept by the student.
- On completion of your internship, the company tutor, the academic tutor and you will automatically receive an email in order to provide the necessary online evaluations.
- Please make your final report available to the academic tutor by uploading it into the Career Hub (add attachment > document type "internship report").
- The Career Service will register the credit points (if applicable) as soon as points 8 and 9 are completed. The internship experience will also be registered on your diploma supplement.
- The company/institution can extend or interrupt any internship online in the Career Hub.